Thursday, April 2, 2009

General Stuff Going On

Today is my grandmother's 87th birthday! This is a photo of her and my uncle, her first son. Is she not beautiful?


This is my grandmother with me!


And my grandmother with Jake!

She is so important to me and such a supportive part of my life. Happy Birthday, Nannie!


I'm anxious to hear from my dad tonight. He was found to have atrial fibrillation on his preop testing before his knee replacement surgery. During his stay in the hospital after, they moved him up to the heart center and scared us all to death. He follows up with his cardiologist today. It's a bit frightening since his older brother had two valve replacements and then we think his younger brother also had a heart problem and passed unexpectedly in 2003. My grandmother, of course, is beside herself with worry. Say a prayer that he's going to be okay with nothing more found than the irregular heartbeat or that even that isn't an issue at this point!


I will have pictures of my completed prayer shawl up soon! I'm so excited to get one finished. Being that it is my first, I may keep it since it's not going to be my best work. I did start another last night with a different, more compact stitch that I like a lot better. I'm really enjoying the work on these.


Look for a special give-away coming up soon!


3 comments:

Nikki said...

Jan, your grandmother is beautiful! I love that first photo of her, what a cool pic! And my thoughts and prayers are with you and your dad. Oh and Ho did a fantastic job on your banner! I love it!

Cowspotdog said...

Those are wonderful photos and would look wonderful scrapped in the vintage style. Great banner and best wishes

latte_grande said...

Happy birthday to your Nannie!! She's really quite lovely...you know, I think you favor her! Hope you're having a nice week...I can't tell you how great it is to have you back online and free from the creepin' crud! {{{hugs}}}