Monday, April 13, 2009

Egg Coloring Saturday and Easter Sunday

I know I've said it before, but there is nothing more pleasant to me than being at my grandmother's and it's even more pleasant when it's a holiday or special occasion. Yes, we've done the same thing for my 45 years of life every Easter Sunday, but most of us never grow tired of it, never stop showing up, and always have a great time together.


I'm a little ahead of myself though. Saturday was egg coloring day around here. I like just the regular Paas egg dying kit. No camo eggs or glitter eggs. I did have some egg markers that I'd gotten for Jake a few years ago and he likes using those, too. We only had two broken eggs out of 3 dozen after boiling them. Jake got his first taste of a boiled egg white with salt and pepper. He wanted to then break more eggs so he could eat them!




I think Jake enjoys coloring eggs as much as I do!


Sunday morning, the Easter Bunny made a visit while Jake and Pat were outside taking some photos. We figure he was on his way home!



My sweet guy:







Here are some of the flowers my grandmother has growing this year. I have no idea what they are.






My mom has a green thumb when it comes to hens and chicks, well everything really, but these things are everywhere! She says they desparately need separating. I think they're one of the neatest plants!





I really hope your Easter was a pleasant one!

3 comments:

Laurajean said...

OMG Jan...jake looks too darn cute and I love that the Easter Bunny came to visit him...lol ;)
Can't wait to catch up in Texas girl!!!

Roni said...

awww, look at him! he's sooo handsome.
i have to agree with you about the egg dying thing! i just love to do the standard thing and make them as bright as possible!

latte_grande said...

What beautiful pictures! Jake is such a handsome little guy...I'm so glad to have been able to meet him! :)

I also LOVE coloring eggs and HUNTING them, lol! I know, I know, it's supposed to be for the kids. I use my little boys as an excuse to be one of the egg hunters...after all, they need someone to help them, right? Heehee!