Friday, August 6, 2010

Progress...At least Mommie thinks so...

Back before school was out this past May, this is the way Jake would draw people. We all had rectangles for bodies and lots of fingers and circular feet attached to stick legs. I love them! This is a drawing of his classmate, Corianne.


Over the past three months, he has really come a long way in how he draws people now. I would love it if he enjoyed art as much as I do (or did it seems these days), so I definitely encourage him to draw and paint. Tonight, he was in the mood to draw so he picked up his Jessie and Woody figures from Toy Story 3, similar looking to the one in the pictures below. I told him just to look at them and draw what he saw.




Here's Woody! I think in three short months he has really come a long way! Look at Woody's spurs! And he has a bandanna around his neck! And a holster!

And here's Jessie! She has cow hide print chaps and yellow cuffs on her sleeves! Her hair is red and her eyes are green! Okay, her feet aren't quite right yet, but hey, I see progress!

School starts in a week or so and I can't believe it's FIRST GRADE for Jake already. I still want him to be my baby. I want to hold him and smooch on his chubby cheeks and blow raspberries on his belly! I want him this size again:


Yet, today at our doctor's visit, he measured 4 feet 1-1/2 inches tall and 47 pounds. He's a bit thin, but before you know it, he'll be taller than me!


Here he is at Fine Arts Day Camp Family Day with his friend, Evangeline. Where'd my baby go?

No comments: