Saturday, May 23, 2009

What a mess!

I really can't believe what a stupid mistake I made. Have you ever NOT gone with what your gut was telling you and did something anyway? I took a job that sounded way too good to be true and it most definitely turned out to be. Long story short, it was the old bait and switch deal. They lure you in with promises and elude to things that you can expect and then you discover you're dealing with crooks, basically. Yeah, they are crooks. I started this new job March 13 and worked for four pay periods. I've received one check that I had to fight to get to clear the bank. I'm still owed over $900 and all I get is one lie after another from this "Christian based" company, it's owner and his excutive vice president. I don't care if you know you they are either.


DIT TRANSCRIPTION
FORT MILL, SC
OWNER: HADI DANA
EVP: MICHELLE WEST


IF you are a transcriptionist looking for work, please do not be fooled by anything these people might tell you. You won't believe the number of past and current employees still waiting for their money.


I have written to the Fort Mill Times, will be borrowing the f-ing money to go the magistrate's office on Tuesday of this week to file a breech of contract, and am getting ready to file my complaint with the Office of Investigations and Enforcement who are responsible for investigating complaints involving violation of a professional or occupational practice, labor complaints, wage disputes, child labor, etc. There seems to be some employees rounding up others for a civil action suit, but I'm not sure where that stands right now.


Since this started, it seems time has stopped for me. I can't do anything normal. Go to the post office for stamps? Oh crap, no money. Grocery store? Dang, can I borrow...? I'm sick to my stomach constantly and can't think about anything else. I know this world is filled with bad people, but I really wonder how anyone who does something like this feels about what they're doing.


On a much, much lighter note, my sweet boy graduated from 4-kindergarten. It was the sweetest little ceremony. The whole week prior to this, he fretted over it, even cried during practice, and I finally had to tell him this was something to be so proud of and how proud everyone in his family was of how well he'd done in school. I was so glad when both sets of grandparents showed up so that he could see that we all really were so excited and proud of him.




His teacher, Miss Lisa. She's such a sweet lady.


This is Jakira, who he talked about all year.

We have to schedule play dates this summer or I'll get in big trouble!

1 comment:

gab423 said...

Don't beat yourself up, Jan. {{{hugs}}}
Your little man is way too cute for words! :)